Reserving a purchase award is your opportunity to get into the show an hour early, and be among the first to shop the Paint Grand Traverse juried collection of paintings! Show your support for the arts, and add original, high quality artwork to your home or business. This is a fabulous option for collectors who are certain they'll want to buy a piece of PGT artwork!
This is an exclusive opportunity, and only 20 purchase awards are available!
The purchase awards reception is held immediately before the Collectors Gala, on Friday, August 19 from 5:00-6:00pm. During the reception, purchase award buyers will enjoy a champagne toast and be the among the first 20 to buy a painting. The purchase awards reception is generously sponsored by Bluewater Insurance. Bluewater offers specialty insurance to protect your fine art, wine, memorabilia, collectibles, and more.
Presented by Crooked Tree Arts Center - Traverse City, Paint Grand Traverse is a week-long plein air (outdoor) painting festival and competition. The PGT juried collection features over 200 paintings by our 36 selected artists, including scenes from Traverse City, Old Mission Peninsula, Leelanau, Elk Rapids, Sleeping Bear Dunes, and more, painted on-site during the week of August 14-19.
Or, call the Crooked Tree Arts Center front desk at (231) 941-9488.
What is a purchase award?
A "purchase award" is a pledge to purchase a piece of art -- think of it as a down payment on your new favorite painting. Purchase award buyers have the first right to view and select artwork during the Purchase Awards Reception from 5:00-6:00pm on Friday, August 19.
How it works:
1) Reserve a purchase award for $750, $1000, $1500, $2000, or $2500.
2) Attend the Purchase Awards Reception at 5:00pm on Friday, August 19 and choose ("award") your favorite (1) painting. Purchase Award Buyers get in one hour before the Collectors Gala opens at 6:00pm.
- If the painting you select is priced lower than your purchase award amount, the difference* becomes a tax-deductible donation to Crooked Tree Arts Center.
- If the painting you select is priced higher than your purchase award amount, simply pay the difference.
3) Take your new piece home that evening, or collect it at the end of the exhibition on September 17 (your choice).
Purchase award perks:
- Reservations for you and your guest at the Purchase Awards Reception on Friday, August 19 from 5:00-6:00pm.
- After the Purchase Awards Reception, be our guest for the Collectors Gala from 6:00-9:00pm, and enjoy refreshments, live music, and the awards ceremony. You do not need to purchase Collectors Gala tickets - your admittance to the Gala is included with your purchase award reservation.
- Optional: Your name/logo on gallery wall signage, in the Paint Grand Traverse digital catalog, email newsletter (10,000+), website, and Crooked Tree Arts Center newsletter (10,000+).
*Prices for paintings start at $400, and sales benefit the artist and CTAC. If your purchase award amount exceeds the price of the painting, the difference will be converted to a tax-deductible donation in support of CTAC's year-round arts programming.